Video provided to you in partnership with Longo’s.
Serving Size (504g) /
| Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
% valeur quotidienne
| Calories /
| Fat /
Lipides21g || 27% |
| Saturated /
saturés3.5g || 18% |
| Trans /
| Cholesterol /
Cholestérol45mg || 15% |
| Sodium /
Sodium120mg || 5% |
| Carbohydrate /
Glucides120g || 44% |
| Fibre /
Fibres15g || 54% |
| Sugars /
| Protein /
| Vitamin D /
Vitamine D0mcg || 0% |
| Calcium /
Calcium176mg || 15% |
| Iron /
Fer8mg || 45% |
| Potassium /
Potassium1531mg || 35% |
Sodium plays an important role in controlling blood pressure and fluid balance. Eating too much sodium, however, may cause high blood pressure in some people and a harmful buildup of fluid in people living with heart failure.
Learn more about sodium and your health »
There are many ways to include lower sodium alternatives to your daily diet. Registered Dietitian Margaret Brum and Chef David Marcus feature recipes and tips that enhance the flavour of food without the use of salt.
|1 1/3 cup||Warm water|
|2 tbsps||Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|2 cups||Whole wheat flour|
|2 cups||All purpose flour|
|4||Medium ripe tomatoes, diced|
|1 can||Low sodium tomato paste|
|3 tbsps||Extra Virgil Olive Oil|
|2 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|1||Small yellow onion, minced|
|1 tsp||Dried oregano|
|1 tsp||Red pepper flakes|
|2 tsps||Dried basil|
|1 tsp||Garlic powder|
|1 tsp||White sugar|
|1/4 cup||Mozzarella, shredded|
|1 cup||Red, green and yellow peppers|
|2||Longo’s Grilled Chicken Breast|
|1/4 cup||Baby arugula|
|1/4 cup||Basil, chopped|
- Add 1/3 cup warm water.
- Add 2 tbsps of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Add 1 tbsp of honey.
- Add 1 yeast package or 2 1/4 tsp.
- Add 2 cups of all purpose flour and 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Knead the dough and spread onto sheet of parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sauté onion and garlic.
- Add in fresh tomatoes.
- Add 1 can of low sodium tomato paste.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Cook sauce for 30 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Let the tomato sauce cool before adding it to the pizza.
- Add cooled tomato sauce to the pizza dough.
- Add cheese, vegetables and any toppings.
- Set oven at 475F and bake pizza for 25-30 minutes.
- Top off the finished pizza with baby arugula and basil.