Create an action plan each week to help you achieve your goal.
- Answer what, when, where, how much and how often.
- Write down what you need to reach your goal.
- Rate how confident you feel about finishing your action plan.
- Review your action plan at the end of the week. Think about what went well and what did not go well.
Once you have your goal you will need an action plan. Create an action plan each week to achieve your goal. These action plans will help you take steps to achieve your goal.
You will need to make changes to achieve your goal. Making changes can feel like it is too much to handle. It is normal to feel this way. Break your goals down into smaller steps each week. This will make it easier to change. Weekly action plans help you decide what you do each week. Actions plans describe your actions to reach your goal.
How to Build Your Action Plan
1. Answer these questions
Answer the questions below to build your action plan each week:
- What am I going to do?
- When am I going to do it?
- Where am I going to do it?
- How much am I going to do it?
- How often am I going to do it?
Fill in the blanks:
This week I will
2. What do you need to do to meet this goal?
Write what you need to do below.
To meet this goal, I need to:
3. How confident are you to finish this week's action plan?
Circle a number on the scale.
Not very confident||
4. Review these tips
It is important you believe you can achieve your goal. Your rating should be 7 or higher to succeed.
If your rating is 6 or less, choose a new goal. You can learn more about your goal to prepare yourself.
If your action plan is big, set smaller action plans. Change parts of your action plan such as "how much" or "how often". This will help you feel confident and ready to get started.
Review Your Action Plan
Review your action plan once a week. Think about how you did with last week's action plan.
- what went well with last week's action plan?
- what did not go well with last week's action plan?
If you achieved your action plan, that is great. Make a new plan for this week. Each week will keep you moving toward your goal and vision.
If you did not achieve your action plan, do not worry. Something may have got in your way. It can take months to create healthy habits that last.
It is important to learn how to handle not achieving your action plan. You must problem solve when you do not achieve your action plan. Problem solving helps you take charge of your life. It will also keep you achieve your goal.
Find out how to solve problems »